Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Present

It was my Mum's Birthday recently (Happy Birthday Mum!!) and I gave her some 8x8 albums of photos of her with the boys. I decided that I should be a little bit creative and make the box to put them in and then Mum would have something to store the albums in. So...



This box was made using 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock. I used Vintage Violet for the lid and Buckaroo Blue for the base (these colours are both retired but are some of my Mum's favourite colours). Before assembling the box I stamped the swirl from the Priceless stamp set all of the Vintage Violet piece using Versamark then embossed with Silver EP. I then tied it with silver cord. It looks so much better IRL. After I made the box I then made the Birthday card and decided to keep with the same theme and use the same colours and this is the result.



Again I used th Priceless stamp set and als It's your Birthday. I embossed the heart and butterfly with Silver EP and stamped the Happy Birthday in Vintage Violet.

It was so nice to totally co-ordinate the wrapping and card and I know Mum loved it as well.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Ooooh... very pretty! I am sure your Mum loved it!

Anonymous said...

I'm the very very lucky Mum that received this wonderful Birthday present, and I love it so much. It's so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes! Vanessa is the best daughter and so talented!! Love Mum